Ph.D., Chemistry, 1975 - Technical University of Wroclaw, Poland
M.S., Chemistry, 1972 - Technical University of Wroclaw, Poland
Email: jerzy (at) icnanotox.org
Professor, Presidential Distinguished Fellow
Area of interest: nature of chemical bonds, theoretical predictions of molecular potential energy surfaces and vibrational spectra, structures and properties of molecules with heavy elements, properties and structure of DNA fragments, nanomaterials including their interactions with biomolecules and toxicity. He also applies computational chemistry methods to environmental problems, surface chemistry and atmospheric chemistry.
During the period 1998 - 2008 Dr. Leszczynski had served as founding director for the Computational Center for Molecular Structure and Interactions (NSF-CREST Center). Since 2008 Dr. Leszczynski directs new CREST Interdisciplinary Center for Nanotoxicity.
Selected activities of Dr. J. Leszczynski include:
1. Organization of the annual (since 1992) international Conference on Current Trends in Computational Chemistry (CCTCC);
2. Editing a book series: "Computational Chemistry: Reviews of Current Trends", World Scientific Publishing Co.;
3. Editing "Structural Chemistry";
4. Organization of the annual (since 2001) Southern School on Computational Chemistry (SSCC).
5.Editing multi-volume " Handbook of Computational Chemistry", Springer.
6. Editing a book series: "Challenges and Advances in Computational Chemistry and Physics", Springer.
7. Editing (with Manoj K. Shukla) a book series: "Practical Aspects of Computational Chemistry", Springer.